If you love to entertain and want to whip up some fun, fruity cocktails that are so easy to make, you’ll have plenty of time to spend with your guests, this is your cocktail! This is what I’ll be serving up to visitors during the Labor Day weekend while we hang by the pool and soak up the last of the summer sun.
I typically stock the following flavors at home to make this easy cocktail: Fresa (strawberry), tamarindo (tamarind), mandarina (mandarin orange), piña (pineapple), guayaba (guava), limón (lime) and mango. For those who like to play bartender, you can try mixing some of the soda flavors to make more unique cocktails, such as pineapple-guava or strawberry-mango. If you like, you can also substitute rum for the tequila. Even when we’re not entertaining friends, I like to hang out on the balcony or by the pool sipping these fruity cocktails.
Note: If you use the toronja (grapefruit) flavor + tequila, you can make a version of my paloma recipe!
A fun and easy tequila cocktail made with fruity Jarritos soda.
- 1 12.5-ounce bottle of Jarritos soda (flavor of your choice)
- 2-4 ounces tequila (1-2 ounces per glass)
- A squeeze of lime juice in each glass
- 6 ice cubes (3 per glass)
- Add ice and tequila to the glasses. Use 1-2 ounces of tequila per glass, depending on how boozy you'd like your cocktail to be.
- Pour half of the soda into one glass and the rest in the other glass.
- Squeeze a little fresh lime juice in each glass.
- Garnish the glasses with a slice or wedge of lime.
- What’s your favorite summer cocktail?
Melissa from HungryFoodLove says
Sounds sooo good and refreshing. Using fruity soda like Jarritos is a great idea!
Yep, I am a tequila connoisseur and I enjoy the occasional paloma. I use grapefruit and lime flavors cause I don’t like the fact that Squirt in the U.S. contains high fructose corn syrup. We only use Jarritos, Sierra Mist, and Throwback Pepsi for mixing. It doesn’t taste as good with all flavors, but today I muddled some cilantro and lime in a glass, added some white rum and added pineapple Jarritos. It was legit! Will try guava or mango next time!