I love fizzy drinks and my all-time favorite fizzy drink is a Mexican limonada, of course!
Every time we go to Mexico, and particularly when we’re visiting the beach, a limonada is always the drink I choose to quench my thirst after getting my fair share of sunshine.
I’ve also been known to order it everywhere from poolside to fancy restaurants – I just can’t get enough.
This drink is so simple to make, yet I get so many emails and phone calls from friends asking how to make it. And with the Wordless Wednesday post last week about limonada y sol, I figured it would be almost cruel to not tell you how to make it. I’m finally sharing a recipe so you can have this sweet fizzy drink at home!
You can also make this drink with still water, but the carbonated water gives it a little something extra to make it different. I typically use lightly carbonated water, but you can use whatever you like depending on your preference for bubbles.
I like to drink limonada when it’s hot and sunny, but also when I’m really missing México lindo y querido.
How to make a classic fizzy Mexican limonada with sparkling water.
- 4 cups mineral water (also known as sparkling water)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup lime juice (about 8 large limes)
- a few slices of lime for garnish
- Juice the limes and then mix in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Pour into a small pitcher and then add mineral water.
- Add a few slices of lime into the pitcher for garnish. Stir well and serve over ice.
- Garnish individual glasses, too, if you like.
This drink is best consumed immediately so the mineral water doesn’t lose its fizz.
no hay nada tan rico como una limonada, especialmente despues de un dia super caloroso! 🙂 and, check out out my Facebook page! Some good news for you there! 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bren-Herrera/30179223526 (and then click “like” )