This post is part of a compensated campaign from Latina Bloggers Connect and Cacique but all opinions and this recipe are my own.
Queso fundido is an easy dish that even the most inexperienced home cook can make. I share this because with the holidays approaching, menu planning can be stressful and even if you’re great in the kitchen, you may have some helping hands that are not. This vegetarian queso fundido with rajas de chile poblano (roasted poblano pepper strips) and mushrooms is super easy and can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled depending on the amount of guests you need to serve. Alongside a basket of warm tortillas—your choice whether they’re corn tortillas or flour tortillas—this appetizer dish will definitely please the crowd. Especially if you’ve got vegetarians on the guest list, you’ll want to make this veggie version of queso fundido along with my queso fundido con chorizo recipe.
If you’re ambitious and have a little extra time on your hands, you can even make your own homemade chorizo. For this vegetarian queso fundido, you’ll need to know how to roast poblano chiles in advance.
An easy antojito (appetizer) to please any vegetarian. Great for a holiday appetizer!
- 5 ounces Cacique queso quesadilla (half of a 10 ounce package)
- 2 small poblano chiles, roasted, skin removed and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare your chiles first. Here's my tutorial how to roast poblano chiles. This can be done as long as two days ahead of time (just store the chiles in the refrigerator if you prepare in advance).
- Shred the cheese into a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and poblano chiles, and toss together with 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Combine the mushroom and chile mixture with the cheese and put it into an oven-proof dish or casserole dish.
- Bake at 400º for 10 minutes, then heat under the broiler until all the cheese is melted and it starts to get bubbly and form some brown spots.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas.
Prep time includes the time to roast, sweat and devein the poblano chiles.
If you’re a cheese-lover like me, you’ll enjoy the benefits of joining Cacique’s Auténtico Cheese Society…
If you’re among the first 20,000 members who sign up, you’ll receive a welcome package with $5 in coupons
Every month, 125 members will be randomly selected to win a free cheese coupon
You’ll receive a monthly members-only newsletter via email, highlighting products, how to use them and recipes for the Cheese of the Month
- ALL FOR FREE!
Find out more about Cacique’s Auténtico Cheese Society and join on Facebook and find more Cheese Society recipes from your favorite bloggers by searching the #AuténticoCheeseSociety and #CheeseSociety hashtags on Twitter and Instagram.