Here you’ll find a list of media mentions and appearances in chronological order with most recent mentions and events at the top.
*2011 and 2012 under construction*
- Maura will be hosting a live cooking show at the Kenmore Live Studio on Friday, November 19. See this post for details. Video will appear here after the event.
- Maura was interviewed by Ana Lilian Flores about The Other Side of The Tortilla and featured in the Spotlight Video Series on Latina Bloggers Connect.
- Maura spoke at the Blogalicious 2010 Conferenceat the Ritz Carlton South Beach in Miami, Fla. on October 8, 2010 and hosted a cooking demo with the Kenmore pop-up kitchen.On a panel sponsored by Que Rica Vida and LATISM and moderated by Kety Esquivel (VP-Digital Influence at Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide), Maura spoke at Blogalicious ’10 about Latinas and Social Media.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUtCRA1Ynvo[/youtube]Cooking Demo with Kenmore – October 8, 2010
- The Other Side of The Tortilla was featured in an article on social networking in the July/August 2010 issue of El Restaurante Mexicano, the only bilingual magazine in the U.S. for Mexican, Tex-Mex, Southwestern and Latino restaurants nationwide.
|The Other Side of The Tortilla was featured on the “Freshly Pressed” WordPress.com blog on August 10 and 11, 2010. We were featured in the Culture section. To read the featured post, check out Regalos de boda y aniversarios.|
|The Other Side of The Tortilla was featured on SpanglishBaby.com in “5 Latin Food Blogs That Fuel Our Traditions” in April 2010. I also authored a guest article for them in March 2010, titled “The Food That Binds.”|
- Popular food blogger/journalist and cookbook author Lisa Fain of the Homesick Texan adapted one of my recipes for her Serious Eats: Serious Salsa series that ran in the summer of 2009.