How to make iced café de olla with a Keurig machine
Café de olla is one of my all-time favorite Mexican recipes. In fact, it was the first recipe I ever posted here on The Other Side of The Tortilla. During the summer, I love to drink iced coffee. Naturally, I came up with this recipe to enjoy a summer version of café de olla so I can drink it on ice—and it doesn’t take me more than five minutes to make, so I can grab it to go in the morning as I head out the door to work.
Of course, you can also make this recipe without the ice for a quick, hot version of café de olla if you’re in a hurry. It doesn’t have all the flavor depth of the traditional version which is infused slowly, but it’s perfect for a quick fix!
This post includes affiliate links to my Amazon aStore, El Mercadito, recommending products that I used to make this recipe. I used a 16-ounce double-wall, BPA-free acrylic iced coffee cup tumbler to serve my iced café de olla and I have the Keurig Platinum Brewing System.
Iced Café de Olla with a Keurig Coffee Maker
A quick cheat recipe for making iced café de olla with your Keurig coffee maker.
- Add two tablespoons of dark brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon to a tumbler.
- Add ice over the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place tumbler under brewing area, insert the K-Cup into the machine and close the brewing unit.
- Select the 7.25 oz serving size and brew.
- Once the coffee has brewed over the ice, stir to dissolve the brown sugar and cinnamon. Add extra ice if desired.