Make this fun spin on a traditional Mexican mangonada by adapting the recipe for your favorite popsicle mold!
- 2 cups fresh-squeezed orange juice (about 4 large Valencia oranges)
- juice of 1/2 a medium lime
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/3 cup store-bought liquid chamoy
- Tajín, to taste
- Juice the oranges and lime.
- In a blender, add orange juice, lime juice and frozen mango chunks. Blend on high until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Measure out 1/3 cup chamoy. Pour a little chamoy (a few teaspoons) around the edges of each popsicle mold, allowing chamoy to drip down the sides and pool a little bit in the bottom of the mold.
- Pour the mango mixture down the center of each mold, being careful not to let it disturb the chamoy dripping down the inside of the mold.
- Put the top on the mold, add popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- To remove from mold, gently run lukewarm water over the bottom of the mold (opposite the sticks) to loosen the popsicles.
- Sprinkle with Tajín to taste, or pour Tajín on a small plate and dip the tips of each popsicle in a little Tajín and serve.