Make your own chocolatey latte with espresso or strongly brewed coffee, Mexican chocolate and milk.
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/3 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped Mexican tablet chocolate (such as Abuelita or Ibarra)
- Optional: 2-3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Brew two shots of espresso or 1/3 cup of strongly brewed coffee. Set aside.
- Finely chop two tablespoons of Mexican chocolate (you can also use a cheese grater if you’re not confident with a knife) and add to the coffee. Stir to dissolve.
- Add the optional 2-3 teaspoons of sugar if you’d like the latte to be a little sweeter.
- Steam one cup of milk with a little foam* and pour over the coffee and chocolate mixture. Add the foam on top and serve.
*If you do not have a milk steamer, frother, or espresso machine for creating foam, see note above for how to use a glass jar to make milk foam in the microwave.
Keywords: Oaxacan latte, Mexican mocha latte, Mexican coffee