Use mandarin oranges to make a classic agua fresca: agua de mandarina!
- 20–25 small mandarin oranges (should yield about 2 to 2–1/4 cups of juice)
- 1 mandarin orange, sliced thinly to float in the top of the pitcher for decoration
- 1 lime (optional)
- 1–3/4 cups of cold water (or dilute juice more to taste)
- Juice the mandarin oranges.
- If you want to add the optional lime juice or any sugar, add it before you mix the mandarin orange juice with the cold water. Stir to mix well in a pitcher.
- Add thin mandarin orange slices to float on the top of the pitcher.
If you don’t serve it immediately, chill in the refrigerator and then stir before serving, as juice will naturally settle. Consume within 2-3 days.
Keywords: agua fresca, agua de mandarina