An easy slush margarita recipe that packs a big strawberry-flavored punch
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled, juiced and strained
- 1.5 ounces liquid cane sugar (such as Hey Shuga! brand)
- 0.5 ounce Cointreau
- 2.5 ounces tequila reposado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup unsulfured, unsweetened freeze-dried strawberries (I buy them from Trader Joe’s)
- 1.5 cups ice
For rimming glasses:
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoons Miguelito or Tajín
- Wash, hull, juice and filter 1 pound of strawberries.
- Add 1.5 oz liquid cane sugar, 0.5 oz Cointreau, 2.5 oz tequila reposado and the juice of one lime to the strawberry juice.
- In a small food processor, pulse 1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries until moderately ground.
- Pour strawberry juice mix into blender, add 1.5 cups ice and 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries.
- Blend on high until smooth and serve.
To rim the glasses: You’ll need two shallow dishes. Squeeze lime juice into one. Add 2 tbsp of Miguelito to the other. Dip the rims of the glasses into the lime juice first, then the Miguelito.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can add the freeze-dried strawberries straight into the blender and just blend for an extra 60 seconds to make sure they’re fully broken up and incorporated.
Keywords: strawberry, margarita