How to doctor canned refried beans with Mexican chorizo
- 1 20.5-ounce can of refried pinto beans (frijoles refritos pintos o bayos)
- 4 ounces Mexican chorizo
- In a frying pan, cook the chorizo over medium heat, breaking up the meat with a spatula or wooden spoon until it’s crumbled and cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chorizo to a dish and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and use a paper towel to remove most of the grease left behind from the chorizo.
- Open the can of refried beans and drain most of the liquid out, leaving just a little bit (a tablespoon or less). Turn the heat back to medium and spoon the beans from the can into the frying pan. Stir occasionally until the beans are heated through.
- Add the cooked chorizo and stir to fully incorporate. Heat for another minute, then remove pan from heat and serve.
Store leftover beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: refried beans, chorizo