Chickpeas, safflower or grapeseed oil, ground cumin, freshly-squeezed lime juice and Tajín make for an awesome, crunchy baked snack that’s got less than half the fat of mixed nuts per cup.
- One 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons safflower or grapeseed oil
- Juice of half a medium lime
- 2 tablespoons Tajín
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander and set aside to drain any remaining water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons safflower or grapeseed oil, the juice of half a medium-sized lime, two tablespoons Tajín and 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Add chickpeas to the bowl and use a spoon to gently stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spoon dressed chickpeas onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 25-30 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, use a spatula to gently move the chickpeas around on the baking sheet so they don’t burn too much on one side. The oil should be completely dry and evaporated when you take them out of the oven, and the chickpeas should be mostly crunchy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: chickpeas, garbanzos