Refried pinto beans with crushed chicharrón
Yield 8 servings
How to doctor canned refried beans with crushed chicharrón
- 1 20.5-ounce can of refried pinto beans (frijoles refritos pintos o bayos)
- 1 cup crushed chicharrón, or more to taste
- Crush 1 cup of chicharrón and set aside.
- Open the can of refried beans and drain most of the liquid out, leaving just a little bit (a tablespoon or less).
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spoon the beans from the can into the frying pan. Stir occasionally until the beans are heated through.
- Remove the beans from the heat and stir in the crushed chicharrón until fully incorporated.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe by The Other Side of the Tortilla at https://theothersideofthetortilla.com/2017/10/doctor-canned-refried-beans/