The Best Guacamole
The guacamole recipe everyone will ask you to make, over and over again!
- 6 ripe, large Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes (about 1-1/2 small or 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 serrano chile, finely diced (or more to taste)
- Juice of 2 limes (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced cilantro (optional)
- Dice red onion, tomatoes, serrano chile and set aside.
- Pit avocados and scoop the flesh into a medium to large serving bowl. Squeeze lime juice over avocado and mash gently with a fork. It should still be pretty chunky.
- Sprinkle salt over the mashed avocado, add diced onion, tomatoes, serrano chile and optional cilantro. Mix gently with a fork to incorporate the ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic cling wrap pressed against the guacamole to seal it off from air exposure and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe by The Other Side of the Tortilla at https://theothersideofthetortilla.com/2017/06/best-guacamole-recipe/