Fruity guacamole with pineapple and pomegranate
This fruity guacamole recipe that includes pineapple and pomegranate seeds for a little touch of sweetness, and red onion and garlic for a little touch of savory, has quickly become a favorite among our family in Los Angeles. I recently made several versions of guacamole for a family game night gathering, and this one was the quickest to disappear. If you’d rather not mix sweet and savory, you can leave out the jalapeño and garlic if you prefer. But after trying this recipe, nobody was eating the classic guacamole recipe I brought! I love to buy a whole bag full of avocados and make several different versions of guacamole for parties because it’s so easy to do. Just keep the base the same with avocado, garlic, lime juice and salt, split up the base between several bowls, and add other ingredients as you like. It looks fancy but takes very little time to do.
This nontraditional recipe is perfect for any party or get-together with family or friends, especially if they’ve never had anything but classic guacamole before. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Fruity guacamole with pineapple and pomegranate seeds
Pineapple and pomegranate seeds give a sweet and savory twist on a classic guacamole recipe.
- 4 avocados
- juice of 3 limes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and pressed or finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Cut open the avocados and spoon into a large bowl. Squeeze the juice of three limes over the avocado and mash coarsely with a fork.
- Add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and garlic if using. Mix gently with the fork.
- Add the diced pineapple, red onion and jalapeño chile and mix again.
- Gently fold in the pomegranate seeds so as not to break them.
- Serve chilled and with the tortilla chips of your choice.
- Do you have a favorite spin on guacamole? Tell me in the comments what ingredients you like to use to make your guacamole different!